Here you can find some information about life in Kaliningrad.
Telecommunication and Internet
It is very easy to buy a Russian SIM card with a mobile internet option for using Viber, Whats up and other messengers. For buying it, you will need your passport, registration in Kaliningrad and ca 300 Rubles. The using of it is significantly cheaper than the roaming rate of your usual mobile operator. For calling abroad it is also possible to buy a Russian SIM card with an international calling option.
There is in fact Eastern European Time in Kaliningrad, we are on the daylight savings time (UTC+2) all year round.
When it's noon (12:00) in Kaliningrad, it is 10 a.m. in London, 11 a.m. in Paris, Berlin and Warsaw, 11 a.m. in Helsinki and Athens, 1 p.m. in Moscow and St. Petersburg.
When it's noon (12:00) in Kaliningrad, it is 11 a.m. in London, 12 a.m. in Paris, Berlin and Warsaw, 12 a.m. in Helsinki and Athens, 1 p.m. in Moscow and St. Petersburg
Eating-out in Kaliningrad
You can buy food in a store (there are 2 modern supermarkets near the school in Krasnoselskaya Street like Victoria and Eurospar) or at the farmers' market, which is fun to do to practice your Russian. You should also notice that we have many supermarkets which are opened 24 hours a day.
Telephone code for Russia is +7. Kaliningrad code is 4012. So if you are calling to Kaliningrad from abroad you should dial +74012... or 0074012...
Electricity throughout Russia is 220 volt / 50 Hz. The wall outlet is configured for a two thin pin adaptor plug.
Important telephone numbers:
- 112 - Central Emergency Hotline
- 01 - Fire brigade (Pozharnaya sluzhba);
- 02 - Police (Miliciya);
- 03 - Ambulance (Skoraya medicinskaya pomosh');
- 04 - Gas emergency service (Sluzhba gaza).
- 555-200 - Tourist Information Centre in Kaliningrad http://visit-kaliningrad.ru
- 39-39-39 - Information Desk "The 39th Region" - specified information on Kaliningrad: where to buy, where to find, what to see, how to call, etc. Unbeatable service for movie schedules!
- 323 - 323 City Information
- 555 – 555 City Information
- 212-871 - City Information;
- 214959 - Address Inquiries.
- www.2gis.ru - Yellow Pages on-line, off-line free App is on PlayMarket or AppStore availible for using as city map, transport service, yellow pages and navigator.
- 56-77-11 Private Clinic MedExpert http://med-expert.ru ;
- 95-51-51 , 21-33-06 Private Clinic MedLux ;
- 466989 - First Aid City Hospital Kaliningrad, ulista Newskogo, 90 http://www.med-otzyv.ru/clinics/9-russia/58-kaliningradskaya/7639-bolnica-skoroy-medicinskoy-pomoshhi ;
- 53-11-80 - City hospital for infectious diseases Kaliningrad, ulista Frunse 48 https://inf-bol.infomed39.ru ;
- 64-54-72 - Central City Hospital Kaliningrad, ulitsa Letnjaja, 3-5 http://www.cgb39.ru;
- 46-23-26, 67-01-22 - First Aid Stomatology Kaliningrad, ulitsa Klinischteskaja, 69 http://osp39.su ;
Kaliningrad's stomatological clinics offer dentist's services and dentures at the competitive level but for considerably lower prices. Proper documents necessary for insurance purposes are readily supplied.
- 64-36-35 - Information Service, 65-65-01 – Internationale tickets office, 64-65-00 - Reception - Central Bus station;
- 999 - 777 - plane tickets reservation http://www.goravia.ru ;
- http://www.skyscanner.ru - flights tickets on-line;
- 333-333 – Central Taxi Service
- 666 -111, 60-50-60 – Taxi Weset (cheap)
- 500-600– Taxi Europa
- 99-99-79 - Taxi Königsberg;
- 91-91-91 - Taxi Cobra;
Usual price for taxi is: about 200 Rub per trip in the city;
Car rental services:
Usual price is about 40 euros/day.
- 69-79-79 - Car rent Service http://liderprokat.ru
- 90-27-72 - Car rent Service http://ап39.рф
- 77-33-66 - Car rent Service http://rentacar-kd.ru
- 376-000 - Car rent Service http://avtorentaplus.ru
- 95-12-30 - Flowers Delivery Service http://protea39.ru
- 505-101 - Pizza Delivery Service http://www.pabeppe.ru
- 658-100 - European Food Delivery Service http://kaliningrad.2-berega.ru
- 36-54-62 - Bakery and Cakes
- 46-46-95 - Express cleaning and dry-cleaning
Kaliningrad web resources:
- Official Web site of the Regional Administration (Russian);
- Official Web site of the Kaliningrad Administration (Russian);
- Representation of the Hamburg Trade Chamber (Russian, German);
- Accommodation in Kaliningrad (Russian, German);
- Research articles on Kaliningrad's economy and a theory of enclaves (English)
- Your Kaliningrad Pocket Guide (Russian, English)